This is a keto, low-carb eater’s dream! It’s filling, delicious and SUPER LOW on the carb index!
Give this a whirl, and don’t be afraid to pile on the garnishes. Enjoy!
Cooking Method Options
P.S. Skip the bacon garnish for vegetarian option!
Loaded Cauliflower Soup
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chives
- Side: salad
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and discard the stem. Place the florets onto a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the top. Roast at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until begin to golden.
- In a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, brown the bacon and set aside to cool and crumble. Stir in the roasted cauliflower, vegetable stock, minced onion, garlic powder and dried thyme. Bring to bubbling, and add the bay leaf. Boil for 20 minutes, and then remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- You can serve the soup “chunky” or you could puree with an immersion blender, blender or food processor.
- Garnish with chopped bacon, shredded cheese and chives.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Loaded Cauliflower Soup with favorite garnishes and a side salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #164