Last week, I had the pleasure of visiting the General Mills HQ up in Minnesota. It was a quick trip, packed with meetings and fun. They issued a challenge to us – create a fun snack or party food using any of the Big G cereals.
I chose Lucky Charms.
For two reasons, it’s our family’s official “treat cereal” and because St. Patrick’s Day is fast approaching.
Even though I was working in these amazing kitchens with just about anything at my disposal, I still wanted to make something that was simple and that I would make in my own kitchen for my guys.
So I set out to make pancakes…with crushed Lucky Charms mixed into the batter…for a little flavor and crunch. Then I colored the batter green…and then used the green and luck marshmallows as a garnish.
Easy, easy, easy.
I decided to make teeny tiny pancakes, from 2-bite size to 1-bite size. It did take a little longer to do this, but they turned out super cute…and I know the boys are going to love them!
I shared a bit of a step-by-step over on the $5 Dinners Instagram page, if you want to see…click here and then swipe right to see them!
Now it’s your turn to have a some green Lucky Charms fun in your kitchen!
Leprechaun Pancakes Bites
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Green food coloring
- Whipped cream or syrup
- Green Lucky Charms marshmallows, as garnish
- In a small food processor, grind the Lucky Charms cereal. (Only grind the oats part, do not grind the marshmallows.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, crushed cereal, sugar, baking powder, salt. Stir in the eggs, melted butter, and milk. Add green food coloring until reaches preferred green-ness.
- Use a teaspoon or Tablespoon and add 1 spoonful at a time to skillet or electric griddle. Cook through on both sides and set aside. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Make short stacks of Leprechaun Pancake Bites and top with whipped cream and the green Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Serve Leprechaun Pancakes Bites for St. Patrick’s Day, or any day that you’re feeling green and/or lucky!