This Lemon Rice Krispies recipe is a delicious, fun and summery flavor twist on rice krispie treats!
This recipe below calls for yellow food coloring and lemon extract for the flavoring. If you’re an essential oiler person, you could sub the lemon extract for a few drops of lemon essential oil or Jade lemon essential oil. (That will keep you from needing to buy lemon extract, if you don’t have it on hand.)
This pan of rice krispies didn’t last long at my house!
(Also, tomorrow starts our next 31 Days series here on the blog…we’ll be sharing a “5-Ingredient” recipe every day during the month of July!)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10.5 oz bag of marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp butter, divided
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Heat the marshmallows and 3 Tbsp butter in a large mixing bowl for 90 seconds or until the marshmallows get puffy.
- Mix in a couple drops of food coloring and thelemon extract.
- Mix in the Rice Krispies cereal.
- Grease the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with 1/2 tsp butter.
- Turn the Rice Krispies mixture out onto the pan. Rub a little butter on your hands, or spray with nonstick spray, then press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes, until firm.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!