Our family loves quinoa. Including Tyler (who once tried to lick his bowl clean…the pictures don’t lie!)
I made this a few weeks ago, during one of those warm spells we had in early November. I was going to just serve a “3-part” meal with some grilled lemon chicken, a side of quinoa and broccoli. I was cutting up chicken pieces for little mouths, it occurred to me that I should take the lemon pepper flavors from the chicken and “expand,” if you will. As the quinoa was cooking, I tossed in some of the lemon pepper seasoning, then tossed the chicken pieces with the lemon pepper quinoa.
The result…a super simple and succulent supper.
(To marinate the chicken, let it sit in a shallow dish in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes with lemon pepper seasoning, few drizzles of olive oil and a splash or two of white vinegar. You can also marinate in plastic baggies, and in the freezer too.)
(You can find other quinoa recipes from $5 Dinners and a few on One Dish Dinners. And if you have another one (that’s not listed) that your family loves, I’d love to try it out and feature it here. Leave a link in the comments or email with your favorite quinoa recipe!)
(Learn more about quinoa and where to buy it!)
Have a fabulous weekend friends!
Lemon Pepper Quinoa with Chicken
- 2 large lemon pepper-marinated chicken breasts grilled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 large broccoli heads steamed and cut into florets
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups of chicken stock plus 1 cup of water to a boil, then add the quinoa and the lemon pepper seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the little rings have separated and the quinoa is tender.
- Cut up the grilled chicken into bite size pieces, then toss with the lemon pepper quinoa.
- Steam and cut the broccoli. Or use some from the freezer. Serve on the side, or mix it all together...lemon and broccoli go really well together too!
- Serve Lemon Pepper Quinoa with Chicken and side of broccoli.
Jaime Taylor says
My new fav product is the pretzel roll.
This was yummy!