Part Freezer-Part Pantry Meal
I froze the chicken breasts in the marinade. I froze the broccoli when on sale. And I used up some potatoes from the pantry to make the fries.
And who says seafood seasoning had to be used on seafood!!!
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Chili French Fries
- 3 large chicken breasts ($2.47) Bought when on sale for $1.77/lb!
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($.40)
- 1/4 lemon juice ($.20)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp seafood seasoning (with lemon pepper and dill) ($.15)
- 4 large potatoes ($.60) Been some super sales on potatoes lately!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large broccoli heads ($.50) Bought when on sale 4/$1 and froze them
- If you plan to freeze, place the chicken breasts into gallon size freezer baggie. In small bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice. Add in the seasonings and a few dashes of salt and pepper. Whisk and pour into freezer baggie. Freeze. (If you wish to not freeze, just marinate the chicken in the same marinade for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.) Thaw completely in the refrigerator (pull them out the night before you plan to make them!). Place into glass baking dish with marinade. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
- Make Chili French Fries. Wash, peel and cut potatoes into thin French fry strips.