Part Freezer-Part Pantry Meal
I froze the chicken breasts in the marinade. I froze the broccoli when on sale. And I used up some potatoes from the pantry to make the fries.
And who says seafood seasoning had to be used on seafood!!!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp seafood seasoning (with lemon pepper and dill)
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large broccoli heads
- In small bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add in the seasonings and a few dashes of salt and pepper.
- Whisk and pour over chicken in a glass baking dish. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
To Freeze Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- Place the chicken breasts into gallon size freezer baggie. In small bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice. Add in the seasonings and a few dashes of salt and pepper. Whisk and pour into freezer baggie. Freeze. Thaw completely in the refrigerator (pull them out the night before you plan to make them!). Place into glass baking dish with marinade. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
Chili French Fries
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into thin French fry strips.
- Add oil and season with chili powder. Toss in bowl
- Spread on to a greased baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, then turn the fries over. Bake another 15-20 minutes. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on how thick you cut your potatoes.
- Steam broccoli in stove-top steamer or in a microwavable bowl covered with plastic wrap with 1/4 cup of water for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Lemon Pepper Chicken with Chili French Fries and Broccoli.