This amazingly delicious tart is easy to make and tastes like you worked all day! I call is a cheater tart because you make the dough and pat it into the tart pan instead of rolling and then laying it in. It is easy and no one will ever know! I made this for Canadian Thanksgiving (2nd Monday in October) and it was delicious and very festive with the cranberry sauce filling. You can always make it without the cranberry sauce for a plain lemon tart or you can make it in a square pan and cut it into squares.
Lemon Cranberry Cheater Tart
Look impressive, but is so easy to make!
Servings - 8 servings
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter cubed, cold
- 1-2 tbsp cold water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (preferably homemade - see recipe below)
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp brandy optional
- Mix powdered sugar, flour and salt.
- Cut the butter into the mixture, add water a few drops at a time, just until the dough comes together.
- Pat into a 9″ tart pan making sure the dough goes up the sides and is fairly even throughout.
- Prick with a fork to release steam under the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the beaten eggs, sugar, lemon juice, flour and lemon zest.
- Remove crust from oven, thinly spread the cranberry sauce over the crust and pour lemon mixture over it.
Leave a Reply