With the school year starting again, I need fast and easy recipes…that are also filling and will go along way with my boys. And this one fits the bill!
It’s pasta with sauce, then chicken tossed in Parm, then more cheese. And more Parm.
Because pasta and cheese is life…at least when you’re a mom to 4 boys and they are eating you out of house and home.
Let’s take a look at how this one is made:
Cook pasta, to al dente. It will cook a little more when in the oven.
Meanwhile, toss rotisserie chicken with grated Parm.
Toss cooked pasta with sauce.
Then add to baking dish.
Add the chicken-Parm on top.
Add shredded cheese on top.
Really, really generous.
And you’ll end up this pan of amazing-ness.
Add more grated Parm and some fresh basil ribbons.
And you’ve got heaven on a plate for your dinner!
Buon appetito! xo
Lazy Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 16 oz. small shell pasta noodles (I used penne)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 26 oz. jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped basil, as garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese, as garnish
- Salad, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta, to al dente and drain. Return to pan and mix in the marinara/spaghetti sauce. Then pour the pasta and sauce into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the shredded chicken with the grated Parmesan cheese. Then add a layer on top of the pasta. Then cover with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese has melted on top. Garnish with more grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Serve Lazy Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake with salad, or other favorite veggies.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #79.