A scrumptious meat and marinara based soup, with broken lasagna noodles cooked right in. Top it off with some ricotta, mozzarella, and/or Parmesan cheese and you have the best Lasagna Soup!
It’s all the flavors of lasagna, in a fraction of the time.
Get the beef and marinara simmering and then drop in some broken lasagna noodles. Once they are cooked, ladle into soup bowls and top with your favorite cheeses (or whatever you have on hand!)
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 26 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 4 lasagna noodles broken
- shredded Mozzarella cheese garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese garnish
- fresh parsley garnish
- Brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain if needed.
- To a large saucepan or Dutch oven, add the browned ground beef, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
- Bring to bubbling and then stir in the beef broth. Bring to bubbling again, then add in the broken lasagna noodles. Let cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until noodles have softened.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and add a pinchful of shredded mozzarella, or a spoonful of ricotta cheese. Then garnish with a little more Parmesan cheese.
- Serve Lasagna Soup with favorite sides like side salad, broccoli, or green beans.