Make lasagna a little more affordable by using a little less cheese?!? Here’s my attempt!
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 small 1/2 onion
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ricota cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- fresh veggies, as side dish
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on box. These must be cooked so that they can be rolled. Don't think the no boil kind will work!
- Thaw and brown ground beef. Drain. (I had some cooked ground beef in the freezer.) In skillet, cook ground beef with onion, chopped spinach, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Then add spaghetti sauce. Simmer until sauce is thick and chunky.
- Lay lasagna noodles over the side of a 9x13 baking dish, so that you put the ricotta and sauce in the middle of the noodle and wrap the two ends around the ricotta/meat sauce into a "roll up."
- Repeat for all the noddles until the baking dish is filled with lasagna rollups. Spread remaining meat sauce over the top of the roll ups.
- Place 6 slices of provolone cheese on top of the roll ups.
- Bake rollups for 20 minutes at 350 F, uncovered.
- Steam broccoli in glass dish covered with saran wrap for 4 minutes in the microwave, or use stovetop steamer.
- Prepare frozen corn as directed on package instructions.
- Serve lasagna rollups with sides of steamed broccoli and corn.