Pork chops smothered and baked with seasoned diced tomatoes, served with brown rice and corn cobs. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the tomatoes with the pork chops…I think of tomatoes working better with chicken and beef dishes. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this was…
Best sale price for pork chops that I’ve seen recently…$1.49/lb. I try to pay less than $1.99/lb!
Italian Pork Chops
Pork chops smothered in everything that is good, baked to perfection in the oven!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 4 pork chop about 1.2 pounds
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, few dashes each
- 4 corn cobs
- Butter for corn
- In medium saucepan, cook brown rice according to package directions. Brown rice takes 40-50 minutes to cook!
- Place pork chops in glass baking dish (I used an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and the 4 pork chops fit perfectly.).
- In small bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Pour over the pork chops.
- Bake pork chops at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Boil corn in saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish with 1/2 cup of water, covered in plastic wrap, for 7-9 minutes. Serve hot with butter.
- Serve Italian Pork Chops with Brown Rice and Corn Cobs.
Erin, one could bake the rice in the oven …….. the time for the pork chops and the rice is close enough that therice could go in first, then get the pork chops in. Might as well use the whole oven!
Erin, Thank you so much for this website! Helped me out so much! I made this tonight but for the side dishes I made baked potatoes and green beans! I also used the diced tomatoes with green chiles in it.
Janice and Baby says
I recently stumbled across your website and I have to say. You will save me hundreds of dollars. I typically buy a lot of take out foods for my family because its fast and easy, but you have shown us ways to save a bundle and not spend hours slaving away. so Thank you!!!
Meghan Floyd says
Im very very new to your website. A friend of mine had told me about your book and that was that!! Thank you by the way!!!!!!!!! You are a life saver in deed!!! The last few dishes I have looked at requiare rice and if your not going to use instant (because you can buy rice in bulk and they last for months) invest in a RICE COOKER Mine is my Best Friend!!! It helps out a ton!! You just throw the rice and water in it and if you get one with a steamer you can throw your veggies in it also and then just worrry about your meat or whatevers on the menu! <3 Its very nice to have!!
Do you brown the pork chops first? When it goes in the oven, do you cover it?