Pork chops smothered and baked with seasoned diced tomatoes, served with brown rice and corn cobs. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the tomatoes with the pork chops…I think of tomatoes working better with chicken and beef dishes. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this was…
Best sale price for pork chops that I’ve seen recently…$1.49/lb. I try to pay less than $1.99/lb!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 4 pork chop about 1.2 pounds
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, few dashes each
- 4 corn cobs
- Butter for corn
- In medium saucepan, cook brown rice according to package directions. Brown rice takes 40-50 minutes to cook!
- Place pork chops in glass baking dish (I used an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and the 4 pork chops fit perfectly.).
- In small bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Pour over the pork chops.
- Bake pork chops at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Boil corn in saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish with 1/2 cup of water, covered in plastic wrap, for 7-9 minutes. Serve hot with butter.
- Serve Italian Pork Chops with Brown Rice and Corn Cobs.