This is an easy meatloaf that is very freezer friendly, so whip up a double batch to enjoy one tonight and one for another night!
Our family adored this meal…the flavor from the spaghetti sauce sends the flavor meter high in this meatloaf! A perfect and inexpensive ‘meat and potatoes’ dinner for ya!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Serve with mashed potatoes (milk, butter, seasonings etc.)
- Frozen vegetables, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, ½ cup of spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Add remaining spaghetti sauce over top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until cooked through. (Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the meatloaf.)
- Prepare the mashed potatoes and veggies.
- Let meatloaf cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Serve Italian Meatloaf with mashed potatoes with veggies.
To Freeze: Prepare the meat mixture as instructed above. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with foil and add the raw meat mixture into the pan. Add about ½ cup of spaghetti sauce over top of the meatloaf. Wrap the foil around the loaf pan and slip into a labeled plastic freezer baggie and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer.
Thaw Instructions: Thaw completely in the baggie in the refrigerator overnight. Place the foil packet back into the same loaf pan. You can bake the meatloaf in the foil, but fold the foil back so that it bakes ‘uncovered.’