This chili will rock your socks off…it might even knock your cowboy boots too 😉
We’re gonna let this one slow cook the day away…then top it with some sour cream and cheese. Because….yes, please.
This meal is freezer friendly…you can freeze all the ingredients together in a baggie or container and then add to the slow cooker to cook. These FreezEasy Bag Holders come in super handy when preparing “dump style” meals, like this one, for the freezer!
Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken Chili
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: shredded cheese or sour cream
- Side: salad
- Open all the cans. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Chop the onion.
- Add all the ingredients into the base of the slow cooker.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Lightly pull apart the chicken with 2 forks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken Chili with salad.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #83.