This amazing, cheesy pasta is a spin off our a similar Skillet meal…just made in the Instant Pot!
In addition to lots of Greek food being made in my kitchen, there’s been a LOT of Instant Pot pastas too. Because so easy. So hands off. And absolutely no water boiling over will happen on your stovetop!
So, with this one, I thought I’d give you the play by play…
Here’s the “loading order” for this meal. I’m using my 8-Qt. Instant Pot – which one is best for you?! Find out here.
First, olive oil drizzled into the base.
Then, the cut up chicken.
Then, the pasta.
Then, the sun-dried tomatoes.
Then, the creamy sauce.
Press the pasta into the sauce, so it’s all/mostly “underwater.”
Put the lid on and cook.
Please note the pressure cooking time. It’s 2 minutes longer than my other Instant Pot pasta recipes, because the raw chicken needs an extra minute to cook through.
This is just after opening it. It will be saucy.
Give it a good stir…
Add the Parmesan and shredded cheeses.
Stir it all through and let the cheese melt.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 16 oz small shell pasta
- 7 oz jar sun-dried tomato strips, drained (if not pre-cut, then slice into strips!)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream, half and half or whole milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side: salad
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream and chicken stock.
- Add the olive oil, chicken pieces, sun-dried tomatoes, pasta to the Instant Pot insert. Pour the cream-stock over the top. Press all the pastas so they are under the liquid. Add some more stock or water, if needed.
- Set to Sealing.
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- Let naturally release.
- Stir it all through, then add the shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Instant Pot Sun-dried Tomato Chicken & Pasta with side salad.