Obsessed with this steel cut oatmeal.
Obsessed with how easily and quickly it cooks. And how perfectly it ends up tasting!
And my obsession with my Instant Pot is strengthening too. It’s slowly taking over in my kitchen. It’s neck and neck now with my slow cooker. (I still use my slow cooker all the time.) But I’m using the Instant Pot more now for side dishes and breakfasts and late night snacks. Like the Steel Cut Oatmeal. I made it as a “second dinner” last week. Huge win – because the boys polished it off after sports practice, and because I stayed out of the drive thru!!)
If your Instant Pot is still in the box, or you just need help with cooking more variety and making it part of your cooking routine, I’d love to teach you everything you need to know to be an Instant Pot Superstar —> Electric Pressure Cooking 101!
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal with Berries
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 7 minutes
- 1 cup steel cut oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Garnish: berries, milk, pinch of brown sugar
- Remove insert from the Instant Pot. Place steel cut oats, water, brown sugar and cinnamon into the insert. Give it a gentle swirl to combine. Place the insert into the instant pot. Put the lid on and set to Sealing.
- Manual, High, Adjust to 7 minutes.
- Quick release, or natural release.
- Open up the Instant Pot, stir the oatmeal. The oatmeal and any remaining liquid will thicken as it cools. Ladle the oatmeal into bowls and top with berries, milk and sweetener to taste.