Oh my heavens….the Instant Pot just works wonders on so many different types of meals….including this one.
The beef strips are perfectly tenderized and cooked in the Instant Pot, and you end up with the this lemon-garlic infused beef that melts into the gyro and into your mouth! The acidity from the lemon and vinegar soften the beef, plus the pressure-heat of the IP infuse the garlic and onion flavors.
Woooo-weeeee – you’re gonna love these steak gyros!
- 1 1/2 lb. beef for stirfry
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Naan or pita bread
- Garnish ideas: tzatziki sauce, sliced cucumber, chopped red onion
- Salad, as side dish
- Place the beef strips, sliced onion, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano and beef stock into the Instant Pot insert. Give it a gentle swirl.
- Set to Sealing.
- Cook on Manual/High for 12 minutes.
- Quick release and then strain liquid from the beef and onion pieces. Spoon the beef and onion into the pita or naan bread. Top with desired garnishes.
- Serve Instant Pot Steak Gyros with side salad.