These are seriously good, and the whole family will love them!
This chicken is also delightful on salad greens, in a “rice bowl,” in a corn or flour tortilla.
We love shredded chicken because of how many different ways it can be served. When I make this, I often double up and then let the cooked shredded chicken cool. From there, I’ll freeze it like that or make it up into something like enchiladas or pasta casserole and freeze that. With as busy as our lives are, it’s so helpful to be “one step ahead” and have meals prepped in the freezer to simply reheat for dinner.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup red salsa
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- Salt and pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Garnish: pico de gallo
- Place the hot water to the insert, and then add the chicken breasts and add the brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, red salsa and green chilies over the top. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Once cooked, use 2 forks and shred the chicken into the sauce. Leave on
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Best Shredded Chicken lettuce wraps with pico de gallo garnish and a side salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #159