This shredded chicken and sauce is FAB-U-LOUS. And needs to becoming a regular part of your rotation!
It’s simple when added to tortillas to make soft tacos, but would be fabulous in enchiladas, crunchy tacos, tostada shells, over rice, or just by itself!
Yum-i-licious and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! 😉
Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken
A delightful shredded chicken that can be served in a variety of ways!
Servings - 4 servings
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup hot water
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can corn
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 8 flour tortillas
- Garnish: cilantro
- Side: veggies
- Open, drain and rinse the black beans, and open and drain the corn.
- Place the chicken breasts in the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Pour the black beans, corn, salsa, garlic powder and ground cumin over the top.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- After cooking, shred the chicken with forks and stir the cream cheese into the shredded chicken and sauce. Simmer for 15 to 20 more minutes on "warm mode" to allow sauce to thicken. Stir again before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken in tortillas with cilantro garnish and side of veggies.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #144.
Leave a Reply