The green and the red collide in this amazing beef roast that’s cooked in the Instant Pot.
I’ve made the ‘what chili should I pick decision’ for you easy by using both green chilies and red salsa (not red chilies) in this great and simple beef roast meal. (Your chili preference is a THING in New Mexico!)
When you cook this beef roast in the Instant Pot (I recommend this one), then you’ll end up with a perfectly cooked beef roast that takes on all these amazing New Mexican flavors. It’ll be easy to slice and lovely as you eat each bite. If you want more of a ‘shredded’ beef roast, then I’d recommend making this in the slow cooker (low for 8 hours.)
With a beef roast and an Instant Pot, you’ll see varied recommended times that range from 50 to 85 minutes. The reason for this is because of the different thickness of the beef roasts. I usually shoot for 60 minutes and then will add more a few more minutes of pressure cooking time, if it isn’t cooked all the way through to my liking. (Just wanted to share the reason for the range and the 60 minutes in this recipe.)
I hope you enjoy this Santa Fe beef as much as we did! 🙂
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1 cup red salsa
- Salad side dish
- Dinner rolls side dish
- Place the beef roast into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the roast. Pour the green chilies and red salsa over the top.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 60 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Prepare salad.
- Warm the dinner rolls.
- Serve Instant Pot Santa Fe Beef with salad and dinner rolls.