Simple ingredients, such fantastic flavor – in large part because of the way that the Instant Pot infuses flavor as it cooks.
A note about the cooking time for a roast in the Instant Pot:
You’ll find a variety of different cooking times for beef or pork roasts in the Instant Pot. This is because the cooking time can vary based on the thickness of the roast, as well as the amount of food in the appliance.
If you find that your meat isn’t cooked to your liking after the initial pressure cooking time, you can put the lid back on and cook for a few more minutes.
And with that, I’ll leave you with this simple and delicious Instant Pot Beef Roast recipe 🙂
Instant Pot Salsa Beef Roast
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 small white onion
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Side: rice
- Side: guacamole
- Slice the onion.
- Place the beef roast into the base of the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Add the sliced onion, salsa, ground cumin and salt and pepper over the top of the beef roast.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 50 to 60 minutes. (Thicker roasts, 60 minutes; thinner roasts, 50 minutes.)
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Once finished cooking, shred or slice the beef and serve over rice.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Prepare the guacamole, if needed.
- Serve Instant Pot Salsa Beef Roast over rice with guacamole.