You are going to ADORE this meal.
It’s the Instant Pot.
It just cooks so beautifully…especially sauces like this pulled pork ragu. The flavors go all crazy and infuse while the heat and pressure cooks the meat in the sauce.
Serve it over some pasta and you have a delightful (and easy!) weeknight dinner to serve.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Ragu
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 7 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 16 oz. pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional garnish (omit if dairy free)
- Side salad
- Open the can of crushed tomatoes. Drain the jar of roasted red peppers.
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute mode and add the olive oil into the insert. Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Brown all sides of the tenderloin in the insert. Then press cancel.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes, drained roasted red peppers, minced garlic and Italian seasoning over the pork tenderloin.
- Set to Sealing and cook on Manual, High Pressure for 45 minutes. *Cooking time may vary depending on how thick the pork tenderloin is. If it’s not cooked after 45 minutes, cook another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Quick release, and then shred the pork with 2 forks and mix into the ragu sauce.
- Cook the pasta, as directed.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Pulled Pork Ragu over pasta with salad.