You are going to adore this chicken. It’s chicken – pizza sauce and pepperonis, all cooked together in the Instant Pot. If you aren’t using an Instant Pot yet, let me tell you that it has a magical way of infusing flavor with the ingredients being cooked. The way that is uses heat and pressure to cook food transforms it to perfection.
The chicken takes of the pizza sauce flavors and the pepperoni flavors as well and makes for a delicious sauce to serve with pasta.
Once it’s finished cooking in the Instant Pot, you can add shredded cheese and let it on warm mode until all the cheese has melted.
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 – Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz pizza sauce
- 20 pepperonis
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Side: pasta
- Side: veggies
- Add 1 cup water to the base of the instant pot insert.
- Then add the chicken, pizza sauce and pepperonis over top of the chicken and sauce.
- Set on Manual, High for 15 minutes.
- If cooking from frozen, set on Manual, High for 22 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Quick release the vent and then check to make sure it's done. If it's not done, run it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Keep it on warm mode, add the shredded mozzarella cheese right onto each piece of chicken and let melt while on warm mode.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and drain the juices from the slow cooker. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Pepperoni Chicken over pasta rice with veggies.
Freezer Meal Instructions
- Add the chicken, pizza sauce and pepperoni to a gallon size freezer bag. Put baggie in the freezer and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm bowl of water for about 20 minutes, before adding contents of bag plus water to electric pressure cooker insert. Pressure cook as directed.