So….we’re getting a little “budget gourmet” with these flavors here!
This is a FABULOUS “weeknight supper” – a SCRUMPTIOUS “company’s coming” – a DELECTABLE “I need to impress my mother-in-law” kind of meal.
It’s rich, it’s packed with lovely complementary flavors. And it’s super cheap to make!
Use an inexpensive cut of beef – like a chuck roast. If you need to skip anything, skip the white cooking wine and replace with beef stock or milk. Let the Instant Pot take care of all the “heavy lifting” when it comes to the cooking.
And you’ll end up with a meal that gets raving reviews from everyone at the table! Enjoy!
P.S. For a gluten free version, use the Pacific brand cream of mushroom soup that comes in the little box. 🙂
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 – Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
Instant Pot Mushroom Pot Roast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 10 oz cream of mushroom
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Side: veggies
- Side: mashed potatoes
- Slice the onion into half-moons.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto Saute mode and heat the olive oil. Brown the roast on all sides. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the hot water and season the roast with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, white cooking wine and Worcestershire sauce. Then fold in the sliced onion and sliced mushrooms. Pour over the beef roast in the electric pressure cooker.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 55 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes.
- Serve Instant Pot Mushroom Pot Roast over mashed potatoes with side of veggies.
Leave a Reply