Want your kids to polish their plates?
Make them this chicken.
The fabulous citrus flavors both soften and flavor-ize the chicken and the pineapple adds just the right amount of sweetness!
We have chicken and rice night about once a week, with different variations of chicken and rice. This meal is just perfect!
This meal is also freezer friendly (add all ingredients to plastic baggies and freeze, then let it thaw and add to Instant Pot to cook. The meat will marinate as it thaws.)
Also, I recently made this on the DINNER MADE EASY Show on Facebook Live. Check it out here…
Instant Pot Island Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20 oz. can pineapple slices
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Cook the rice as directed on package.
- Place the chicken breasts into the base of Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, ground cumin, and paprika.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, then add the pineapple slices around and on top of the chicken and marinade. If needed, add chicken stock or water so total liquid is at least 1 cup.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Island Chicken over rice with veggies.