This is a fantastic and easy to cook dinner in your Instant Pot. It’s a “2-phase” kind of recipe because we need the chicken to have some time alone to cook, as it takes much longer than the baby potatoes.
If you added the baby potatoes at the beginning of the pressure cooking cycle with the chicken, they would be completely overcooked into mush. You don’t want that.
The phases go like this – cook chicken with sauce. Quick release, add potatoes and cook a little longer. Then, natural release and you have the perfect dinner ready and waiting for you in the Instant Pot.
Also, you don’t need to peel the potatoes – another reason I love this meal because you can skip that time consuming step of peeling ‘taters. 🙂
Please note: do not initially cook the chicken and potatoes together…read the directions closely!
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 – Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 2 lb. bag baby potatoes
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
- Side: veggies
- Melt the butter and stir in the minced garlic and thyme.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock to the base of the Instant pot.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the steam rack and pour the melted butter sauce over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on High, Manual mode for 18 minutes.
- Quick release, add the baby potatoes, then cook on High, Manual mode for 5 more minutes.
- Naturally release, then toss the chicken and potatoes with the liquid to get the herbs and garlic coated on them.
- Prepare side dish veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken with shredded Parmesan cheese garnish and side of veggies.