There’s a reason they call this crack chicken.
Because you can’t stop eating it. The reason it’s so irresistible – ranch, bacon, cheese with the chicken —> SUPER-DEEEEEELICIOUS!
Turns out – the flavor combination in this recipe has been declared the dinner version of “crack” – just like there is Christmas crack (saltines, caramel, chocolate) – also known as Saltine Toffee Candy!
It’s like the Lay’s slogan – you can’t eat just one potato chip! (Or however they worded that!)
You can’t eat just one of these sandwiches.
Personally, I think this is best on a warmed pretzel roll! But it would also be delicious on warmed ciabatta bread or sweet rolls/sandwich buns.
Whatever bun you pick, I hope you enjoy this amazing chicken!
If you are eating keto or low carb, just skip the sandwich part and scoop the crack chicken right out of the slow cooker onto your plate. Serve with a spinach salad, or just mix in some spinach to get your greens in there!
Can you make this in the slow cooker?!
Add the chicken, ranch dressing, bacon pieces into the slow cooker. You might add 1/4 cup of water if your slow cooker runs hot or cooks too hot.
Cook on low for 8 hours, and then shred the chicken into the sauce and stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
We made this again recently and served it over baked potatoes….YUM!!!!!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
Recipe from: MyFreezEasy
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup hot water
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix or 2 Tbsp homemade ranch dressing mix
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or 8 pretzel buns (skip this for keto version!)
- Side: Chips
- Side: Fruit
- Let the cream cheese soften, then combine with the ranch dressing mix.
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the electric pressure cooker with the hot water and add the cream cheese-ranch combo on top of the chicken.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes. If cooking frozen chicken breasts, cook on Manual/High for 23 to 24 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Just before your meal, cook the bacon in a skillet and then crumble it.
- Once cooked, strain off excess liquid and shred the chicken into the creamy sauce and mix in the bacon crumbles and shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well and then spoon onto buns to make sandwiches.
- Serve Instant Pot Crack Chicken on buns with side of fruit and chips.