A delicious bowl of chili with pinto beans, made in the Instant Pot!
The Instant Pot has this magical way of infusing flavors so beautifully with the way it uses heat and pressure to cook the ingredients and melt them together. The flavors mingle and marry in such a perfect way and chili is one of my favorites from the Instant Pot. If you haven’t made chili in your Instant Pot yet – start with this recipe.
Oh, and this is freezer friendly too – the perfect “Freezer to Instant Pot” recipe! (More on that here.)
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 – Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
Instant Pot Cowboy Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can pinto beans, undrained
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup beef broth
- Garnish: sour cream and shredded cheese
- Side salad or cornbread
- On saute mode, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. If needed, drain off excess fat. If you use a leaner ground beef, you won't need to drain the fat. Also, you could brown the ground beef in a skillet and then add to the IP insert.
- Add the pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, ground cumin and beef broth.
- Set on Chili/Beans mode, or Manual, High for 30 minutes.
- Let vent naturally.
- Serve Instant Pot Cowboy Chili with sour cream and shredded cheese garnish, and side salad and/or cornbread.
- If you wish to make this as a freezer meal, you can learn more about "Freezer to Instant Pot Chili" here.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #103.