I adore a good curry meal – and my family does too. But I worked this one up as sort of a “spice-less” option.
Curry powder or paste isn’t always that spicy – depending on the brand and the amount that you use. This one is similar in nature – without the curry.
Perfect for anyone who just isn’t all that into curry.
This meal has a delightful combination of flavors, and it cooks quickly for a busy weeknight meal.
NOTE: If you are making this as a freezer meal, DO NOT add the coconut milk to the freezer meal bag – instead add it at the time of cooking for a perfectly creamy sauce.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Garnish: crushed red pepper
- Side: salad
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Seed and finely chop the red bell pepper. Chop the red onion.
- Place the chicken pieces into the electric pressure cooker insert with the chopped red bell peppers, chopped red onions, chicken stock, lime juice.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and let sit on warm mode for 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the chicken and veggies with sauce into serving bowls.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Coconut Lime Chicken with garnishes and side salad.
- Freeze & Thaw Instructions can be found here.