Please start cooking/warming your sauces in the Instant Pot – the way that it uses heat and pressure to infuse flavor is INDESCRIBABLE.
And it, so good that I can’t put into words the difference. Like, silly delicious. Like, stupid good.
Before we get to the recipe…
There are a few things that I need to share about this particular recipe. This is for Instant Pot beginners. If you’re more advanced or a frequent IP user, then you could brown the ground beef on saute-low and even cook the pasta with the sauce (with the right amount of liquid.)
For today and for this recipe, we’re just cooking the sauce.
One last thing…this is also “freezer to Instant Pot” friendly. Meaning, you can brown the ground beef and freeze with the sauce and other ingredients. Then you can place it in a bowl of warm water to thaw and add to the Instant Pot when it’s still frozen. It will defrost and warm to bubbling in the IP…you can use the same times below for the frozen sauce.
That’s it…hope you enjoy the extra flavor infusion in this sauce!!
P.S. This is my favorite Instant Pot. 🙂
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 26 oz spaghetti sauce
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup hot water
- 16 oz pasta
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Cook pasta as directed.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain and add the browned ground beef to the pressure cooker insert.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, grated carrots and grated zucchini and hot water into the electric pressure cooker insert. Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Classic Spaghetti Sauce with pasta and veggies.