Adore this shredded beef and chimichurri sauce!
Whenever we make beef roasts, we usually end up shredding the beef into the rich sauce – and this one is no different.
Chimichurri sauce is a cilantro based sauce that you could use to cook with the beef AND as a garnish.
You can usually find it on the international aisle at your grocery store, and in some stores, it’s closer to the condiments. If you can’t find it, you could use another green salsa or “salsa verde” type sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro.
We love this as tacos, over rice and just as is! Enjoy!
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 cup hot water
- 7 oz chimichurri sauce or other green salsa alternative
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side: black beans
- Side: rice or tortillas
- Place the beef roast into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water and season with salt and pepper. Spread the chimichurri sauce directly over the roast.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 55 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick. Once done cook, shred the beef into the chimichurri sauce.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare the veggies and black beans.
- Serve Instant Pot Chimichurri Beef Roast with rice and beans and side of veggies.