Adore this shredded beef and chimichurri sauce!
Whenever we make beef roasts, we usually end up shredding the beef into the rich sauce – and this one is no different.
Chimichurri sauce is a cilantro based sauce that you could use to cook with the beef AND as a garnish.
You can usually find it on the international aisle at your grocery store, and in some stores, itâ€™s closer to the condiments. If you canâ€™t find it, you could use another â€œgreen salsaâ€ or “salsa verde” type sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro.
We love this as tacos, over rice and just as is! Enjoy!
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 cup hot water
- 7 oz. jar chimichurri sauce or other green salsa alternative
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side: black beans
- Side: rice or tortillas
- Place the beef roast into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water and season with salt and pepper. Spread the chimichurri sauce directly over the roast.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 55 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick. Once done cook, shred the beef into the chimichurri sauce.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare the veggies and black beans.
- Serve Instant Pot Chimichurri Beef Roast with rice and beans and side of veggies.
- Freeze and Thaw Instructions can be found here.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #161