I love to stretch protein, as far as I can!
And that’s why I love to combine meat proteins and plant proteins – like beans and chickpeas.
Chickpeas make a great and hearty addition to any beef based chili and this one is a family favorite. Plus, I adore how the Instant Pot “infuses flavor” so deeply – by the way it uses heat and pressure to cook everything together. People ask be all the time why I love my Instant Pot, and my answer isn’t “because it’s so fast.” My answer is always related flavor infusion and preciseness in cooking the meal inside. 🙂
This is a filling and hearty chili sure to make your family’s heart and tummies smile!
Instant Pot Chickpea Beef Chili
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: shredded cheese
- Garnish: sour cream
- Side: veggies
- Open and drain the chickpeas.
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and add the browned ground beef to the pressure cooker insert.
- Stir in the drained chickpeas, diced tomatoes, beef broth and chili powder into the electric pressure cooker insert. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minute
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Chickpea Beef Chili with sour cream and shredded cheese garnish, and a side of veggies.