This shredded chicken is packed with delicious flavor.
Do not let the uncommon spice (garam masala) turn away – it is full of flavor and kids love it too!
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small white onion
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Side: pita bread
- Side: salad
- Dice the onion.
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken thighs into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Add the butter, diced white onions, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garam masala, chicken stock, salt and pepper on top of the chicken.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- After you open the lid, stir in the heavy cream and keep on warm setting for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Once finished cooking, gently shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Butter Chicken with pita bread and salad.