Yummy, yummy, yummy shredded chicken – made in the Instant Pot!
Adore this shredded chicken – made with beer! So I’m calling it “borracho” chicken because borracho means drunk in Spanish.
The IP does a great job of infusing the flavors in this sauce together and into the chicken.
A quick note about the chicken in this recipe – it’s a mix of white and dark meat. You can absolutely make this shredded chicken with all white meat or all dark meat. I just like the mix them!
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup beer
- 12 flour tortillas
- Garnish: pico de gallo
- Garnish: sour cream
- Side: salad
- Slice the white onion.
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken thighs into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Add the sliced onion, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper around the chicken. Pour the beer over the top.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural.
- Once finished cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix into the sauce. Strain, if needed, and spoon the shredded chicken into tortillas and make tacos. Add favorite taco toppings as garnish.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Borracho Shredded Chicken as tacos with salad.