This Instant Pot Bolognese sauce has such a rich, deep flavor.
You could use your Instant Pot’s saute function to brown the ground beef with the bacon pieces, or you could brown those in a skillet. I personally prefer to brown in a skillet and drain well, before adding to the Instant Pot. But if you want to dirty 1 less dish, then use your IP insert and the saute function to get the ground beef and bacon cooked before you add all the other ingredients.
The pressure and heat from the electric pressure cooker work wonders on the flavor of this sauce. The flavors infuse together beautifully and the end result is a fantastic sauce for your favorite pasta or zoodles!
Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 whole carrots, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- Parmesan cheese, as garnish
- 16 oz. pasta
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Shred the carrots. Finely chop the celery and onion.
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and add the browned ground beef to the pressure cooker insert.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, shredded carrots, chopped celery, chopped onion, crumbled bacon and hot water into the electric pressure cooker insert.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Cook the pasta, as directed.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce over pasta with grated Parmesan garnish and side of veggies.