Yes, you’ll soon see…I use both of my Instant Pots to make this scrumptious dinner. (I do this alot, actually!)
I’ll have a main dish, beans or meat of some kind in one. And I’ll make some rice or quinoa in the other.
I’ll set the other one up for a “second dinner” with some Steel Cut Oatmeal. This is common practice around my kitchen, especially on “sports practice nights.” I run the 2nd IP while we are gone, so that a late night snack is ready when we get home from practices. Because doing this is WAY cheaper than everyone having a bowl (or three!) of cereal for a late night snack.
For this meal, I have sticky rice in one and beef and broccoli in the other.
PLEASE pay close attention to how the broccoli is cooked. 🙂
Now, here’s how it looks…
Brown the beef cubes or strips.
Mix up and add the sauce.
Cook on High for 12 minutes.
Note where the broccoli is 🙂
Once cooked, add cornstarch to thicken if you’d like.
Then mix the broccoli into the sauce with the meat.
Leave on warm and let it cook/steam for a few minutes.
Serve with some rice!
Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 7 minutes
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb. beef strips for stirfry or beef cubes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets (you could use frozen, but it will take longer for them to steam up)
- Side: rice
- Side: eggrolls
- Mix up the sauce in a small bowl by whisking together the beef broth, oyster sauce, so y sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and brown sugar.
- Add the canola oil to the insert and press Saute. Let it warm up for a few minutes, then add the beef cubes or strips and brown on all sides. Pour in the prepared sauce. Tap Cancel, then put the lid on and set to Sealing.
- Cook on High for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on how thick the beef is. Thin strips for 5 minutes, cubed beef for 7 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. Then stir in the broccoli into the beef and sauce. Let it sit on “Keep Warm” mode (with the lid off) for 5 minutes to let broccoli steam up. If desired, stir in a cornstarch slurry BEFORE adding the broccoli to thicken the sauce. The sauce will thicken as it sits on warm mode, as the broccoli is steaming.
- IMPORTANT: I do NOT recommend cooking the broccoli with the beef and sauce…it will result in very mushy broccoli. It’s better served in the meal, freshly steamed with a little crunch!
- Cook sticky rice – I highly recommend this Instant Pot Sticky Rice. If you can make the rice, then the beef in the same Instant Pot and still have dinner ready in 25-30 minutes. Or you can use 2 Instant Pots 🙂
- Serve Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli with sticky rice and some eggrolls!
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #149