Yes, you’ll soon see…I use both of my Instant Pots to make this scrumptious dinner. (I do this a lot, actually!)
I’ll have a main dish, beans or meat of some kind in one. And I’ll make some rice or quinoa in the other.
I’ll set the other one up for a “second dinner” with some Steel Cut Oatmeal. This is common practice around my kitchen, especially on “sports practice nights.” I run the 2nd IP while we are gone, so that a late night snack is ready when we get home from practices. Because doing this is WAY cheaper than everyone having a bowl (or three!) of cereal for a late night snack.
For this meal, I have sticky rice in one and beef and broccoli in the other.
PLEASE pay close attention to how the broccoli is cooked. 🙂
Brown the beef cubes or strips.
Mix up and add the sauce.
Cook on High for 12 minutes.
Note where the broccoli is 🙂
Once cooked, add cornstarch to thicken if you’d like.
Then mix the broccoli into the sauce with the meat.
Leave on warm and let it cook/steam for a few minutes.
Serve with some rice!
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb. beef strips for stirfry or beef cubes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch optional
- 2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets you could use frozen, but it will take longer for them to steam up
- Side: rice
- Side: eggrolls
- Add the oil to the insert and heat on "Saute - High" mode. Once warmed, saute the beef pieces for 2-3 minutes, browning all sides. Tap "Cancel."
- Pour in the beef broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and brown sugar. Stir and combine with the beef.
- Put the lid on and set the valve to Sealing.
- Cook on "Manual - High" mode for 5 minutes.
- Quick release by moving the valve to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- If you'd like to thicken the sauce, stir the 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1 Tbsp of water and make a "slurry." Add the slurry into the sauce in the instant pot insert and stir through. Let the sauce "thicken" on warm mode for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is thickening, add the broccoli and let it warm up with the sauce and beef while on warm mode.
- Serve Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli with eggrolls and rice.