This is pulled pork heaven right here. Better than my favorite BBQ joint. I think it’s the sweet and tangy from the brown sugar and the balsamic.
So so so delicious! Enjoy!!!
Instant Pot Balsamic & Brown Sugar Pulled Pork
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 2 lb pork roast
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Side: fruit
- Side: potato chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, minced onion, garlic powder and balsamic vinegar.
- Place the pork roast into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce on and around the pork.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 40 minutes. *Note: pressure cooking time for pork roasts and pork tenderloins can vary depending on how thick it is. I find 40 minutes to be just right for most!
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Once finished cooking, shred the pork with 2 forks and mix into the sauce. Strain before serving.
- Prepare fruit.
- Serve Instant Pot Balsamic & Brown Sugar Pulled Pork with chips and fruit.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #170.