The Instant Pot version of the fabulous Baja Shredded Chicken Tacos!
This chicken is divine…a lovely combo of flavors that the chicken soaks in beautifully. And the way that the IP infuses flavor by using heat and pressure, makes this shredded chicken even more delightful.
Add this to your favorite tortillas with a little pico de gallo or salsa and BOOM.
Fast, simple, delicious weeknight dinner!
P.S. Use warmed corn tortillas for “street tacos” and gluten-free version of this meal!
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 â€“ Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
Instant Pot Baja Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 cup red salsa
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- Salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo, garnish
- Side salad
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken thighs into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Add the brown sugar, ground cumin, salsa, green chilies, salt and pepper into the electric pressure cooking insert.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Once finished cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Spoon the shredded chicken into tortillas and make tacos.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Baja Shredded Chicken Tacos with pico de gallo garnish and side salad.
This recipe is featured on Julia’s Simply Southern Meal Plan Monday #112.