Every now and again, I make something that makes me wish I had 4 stomachs. Or a superpower that allows me to eat as much as I want without feeling stuffed.
Bacon. Cheese. Chili. Creamy base to the soup/chili. Beans.
It’s all my favorite comfort food foods in the same dish.
This is also one that my boys polish their bowls and ask for more. (And I’m grateful that the beans “stretch” the chili and protein!)
We’ve adapted this one for the Instant Pot. Please note the directions and when to add the milk and cheese. I personally don’t love to cook dairy in the IP, so I always add it at the end. 🙂
Now, to figure out how to get that super power activated…so I can eat 4 bowls of this without consequence.
Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 15 oz. cans white beans, drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: crumbled strips bacon
- Side: veggies
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and add to the base on the Instant Pot insert. (Note: You can use the saute function of your Instant Pot to brown the ground beef. I just prefer to brown it in a skillet.)
- With the ground beef, stir in the drained white beans and beef beef broth.
- Set on high and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let release naturally, then open it up and stir in the milk and shredded cheese. Leave it on warm and stir until the cheese is melted and warmed into the soup base. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and crumble the bacon, if needed.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Bacon Cheeseburger Chili with bacon topping, and side of veggies.
Leave a Reply