3 Reasons to Switch to Slow Cooking a Whole Chicken!
Learn why using the slow cooker to cook a whole chicken is the best way to get the most bang for your buck!
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Slow Cook Whole Chicken
Featured Products: How to Cook Chicken
Recipe: Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- slow cooker, 6 quart or larger
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- celery, carrots optional
- Place the whole chicken in the base of the slow cooker. Add the sliced onions on top.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the slow cooker carefully.
- Let cool and then pull the white and dark meat from the bones. Place in a bowl and shred.
- Add the liquid from the slow cooker into a measuring cup or small bowl. Skim off the fat.
- Dilute with water to taste.
- To freeze broth: let cool completely and freeze in 1 or 2-cup portions, or add to ice cube tray and make homemade broth ice cubes.
- To freeze shredded chicken: let cool completely and add to freezer baggie. Label and freeze.