Learn Why Skillet Cornbread is the Ultimate Side Dish!
Baking cornbread in a cast iron skillet is simply the best because of the way the cast iron conducts heat and makes the perfect consistency. In this episode, I’m showing you how to make a sweet and savory version of skillet cornbread.
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Make Skillet Cornbread
Featured Products: How to Cook Quick Breads
Recipe: Sweet Skillet Cornbread
- 8 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter, milk, eggs and sugar. Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until batter forms.
- In a 10-12" cast iron skillet (or other ovenproof 10"-ish skillet), heat the olive oil over high heat and let thin and spread in the skillet.
- Pour the batter into the warm skillet, then immediately place the skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top begins to golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with butter and your other favorite comfort foods.