How to Make Oven Baked Fluffy Omelets!
Omelets can be tricky to master on the stovetop, so why not make the perfect one in the oven. Erin walks you through the process of making the perfectly fluffy oven baked omelet with sausage and veggies.
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Make Oven Baked Fluffy Omelets
Featured Product Collection: How to Cook Eggs
Recipe: Sausage & Veggies Oven Baked Omelet
- 1 lb. mild breakfast sausage
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp salt and pepper each
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Brown the sausage in a large ovenproof skillet and drain. In the same skillet, saute the chopped bell peppers until softened, about 3 minutes. Set the browned sausage and veggies aside on a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- In a stand mixer or with whisk attachment on a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Then fold the whipped cream into the whisked eggs.
- To the greased skillet used to cook the sausage and veggies, add the eggs-cream combo and cook/let set over medium high heat for about 2 minutes. Then sprinkle on about half of the shredded cheese on top of the egg, then transfer to the oven.
- Bake the oven omelet at 400F for 6-8 minutes, or until eggs in the center are cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on size of skillet and thickness of the eggs.
- Once the eggs are set, carefully remove the skillet from the oven. It will be HOT.
- Spread the sausage and veggies over the top of the baked egg omelet, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Carefully loosen the egg from the skillet and fold it over like an omelet. Slice into "wedges" or pieces and serve. Garnish with green onion slices. Enjoy!