4 Foolproof Steps to a Decadent Braised Beef
Learn how to make a perfect and decadent braised beef, with one of the most inexpensive cuts of beef – the beef chuck roast.
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Featured Video: How to Braise Beef
Featured Collection: How to Braise Beef
Recipe: Braised Beef with Potatoes
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast cut into 1" pieces
- salt sprinkled on beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth or 3 cups beef broth + 1 cup red wine**
- 3 lbs. red potatoes halved
- salad or veggies side dish
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Cut the beef chuck roast into 1" pieces and sprinkle with salt. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.* Then pat dry before browning.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven and brown all sides of the beef chunks, one layer at a time. It will take 2-3 rounds of browning. Set aside on plate once browned.
- Once all the meat is browned, add the chopped onion and garlic and saute with the fond for 2 minutes. Pour in the beef broth (and red wine**) and deglaze the Dutch oven. Stir in the tomato sauce, and then bring to bubbling.
- Once bubbling, add in the meat. Place in the preheated oven for about one hour. With 30 minutes left in the cooking cycle, add the halved red potates and return to the oven.
- Remove from the oven when the beef is cooked through and the red potatoes have softened.
- Serve Braised Beef with Red Potatoes and a side salad or veggies.