Ah, Baked Funfetti Donuts. Because when you think donuts couldn’t possibly be MORE fun… and then you take a delicious bite of rainbow colors and sweetness. Learn how to bake donuts…
And just like that – donuts will never be the same again!
Sweetness at it’s finest.
A donut at it’s finest.
These funfetti donuts take homemade donuts to the next level.
Kids will like them. Grandpas will sneak them. Moms will eat them in the pantry with the door closed while crying. (OK, maybe take that last part out. Or maybe not.)
How to Make Baked Donuts
1. Gather all ingredients. Melt the butter.
2. Mix up the batter and then mix some of the sprinkles into the batter.
3. Transfer batter to the well greased donut pan. (This is my favorite donut pan.)
4. Bake as directed.
5. While the donuts are baking, prepare the icing.
6. After the donuts have cooled some, add the frosting and then top with more sprinkles.
7. Enjoy Baked Funfetti Donuts!
Baked Funfetti Donuts
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour – you can use white or wheat
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp milk
- food coloring for your glaze
- rainbow sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until blended. Add butter, vanilla and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add to your egg mixture, flour, salt and baking powder , combine until all ingredients are fully mixed. Add milk and stir until smooth. Stir in rainbow sprinkles.
- Add batter into prepared donut pans. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and then remove donuts and allow them to fully cool .
- While donuts are cooling, mix glaze by combining powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together and whisk until smooth. Add food coloring if using. When donuts are fully cooled, dip in glaze and top with rainbow sprinkles.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #220.