A Weekly Planning Strategy from Erin Chase to Help You Stay Focused on Your Goals and Dreams
“How do you get it all done?!”
This is the #1 question that I’m asked and the answer is the following:
- I’m uber intentional with my time and energy.
- I’m a planner-planner-planner.
- I’ve used this kind of system and setup for many, many years.
- It’s designed to help me stay focused on what’s happening with my goals, our meal plans, and our day-to-day/week-to-week finances.
The Sunday Setup is a weekly goals and planning system that has truly helped me keep my life together…even in the midst of whatever madness and crisis might be thrown my way. It is broken down into 3 sections:
- Meal Plan
The Goals Section
This area is designed for you to breakdown the different areas of your life each week.
First, you start with Personal goals for the week, writing out things like:
- read book
- power walk 4 times this week
- research new skincare routine
Next, you fill in on the Kitchen & Home section with things like:
- wipe off cabinet doors and pulls
- clean and polish floors
- steam mop all tile floors
- freezer meal prep session
- bake extra muffins for freezer
- chop all veggies and fruit on Sunday
Third, you add goals for Parenting & Marriage such as:
- lunch date with Steve
- smooth morning routine – boys set out everything night before
- filter your words and tone
- line up travel schedule with Steve schedule
- set up family gratitude list to fill in at dinner table
Then, it’s time to add any Ministry & Social goals like:
- schedule and email about community group
- neighbor gift
- setup for summer swim team
- school games and weekend intramurals
Finally, use the Business & Hobby section to write down things like:
- action item list for following month
- strategic plan for Q2
- review new P&L statement
- order new fabric for quilt
- research items needed to make superman cake for birthday party
The Meal Plan Section
Here is a place to jot down what’s for dinner. Keep it short and simple – the goal is to get it written down so you know what you’re having.
The Money Section
Use this section to get clear and what your errands (which often involve spending money!), extra expenses that aren’t a recurring expense, as well as anticipated income that will come during that week.
Here are a few examples of what might appear in this section.
- Errands: pick up dog food and treats, drop off muffins for Elissa, birthday treats for Austin’s class
- Expenses: dog food, birthday treats and napkins
- Income: sell side table/clothes/toys, paycheck, side hustle deposit, owners draw for self-employed
The Sunday Setup is designed to help you think ahead of the game…maybe even that you can have it all together…for once?!
It’s setup to help you feel upbeat about what’s happening in your world each week. When you consistently fill out your Sunday Setup week after week, you will start to feel a “forward momentum” in your life.
Be careful, you’ll get addicted to that forward momentum feeling quickly! 😉
To learn more specifics, watch the video below…
Leave a Reply