I was inspired. You see. I like salad. I like lettuce. But straight iceberg lettuce is tough to swallow. It’s just so bland. But it’s cheap. And a great base for salads.
What if I topped it with some STRONG homemade garlic ranch dressing.
A match made in heaven.
Be warned: You will suffer from “garlic breath” after eating this. But the fullness of the flavor is totally worth it!
How to Make Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 Tbsp white onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add mayonnaise to a medium bowl. Whisk in the milk and lemon juice.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Stir in the tarragon, dried dill, salt and pepper.
- Taste. Add a little of whatever else you think it needs!
P.S. I can’t wait to make this again this summer…using fresh dill and parsley from the garden!