Jazz up your next salad with this easy, tasty homemade cherry vinaigrette dressing!
I love a delicious homemade vinaigrette and this one can be made year-round – either using cherries from the frozen food section, or fresh cherries that you score on sale (in the summer months.)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries (fresh, pitted, cherries work too!)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper, each
- Spring mix for salad
- Toppings such as feta or goat cheese, sliced cherries, sliced almonds
- Add the cherries, canola oil, red wine vinegar, honey, mustard, dried cherries, garlic, salt and pepper to blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Toss together spring mix and preferred toppings.
- Dress each salad with several spoonfuls of dressing.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days in the fridge.