Ham and Cheese – our new favorite waffle mix in! We love the touch of sweetness with the savory ham and cheese in the waffles. You can cut up and mix the ham and cheese into the waffle batter OR you can make a ham and cheese waffle sandwich…with thin waffles and ham and cheese in between. I prefer to mix the ham and cheese into the batter because our waffle maker is Belgian-style and the waffles are super “tall” – making sandwiches really tough to eat.
These ham and cheese waffles were a big hit with the boys and you totes need to make them at your next “breakfast for dinner” night! Enjoy!
(Oh, and you can sub in a boxed waffle mix in place of the homemade version below. The ham and cheese amounts listed is enough for batter for 4 Belgian waffles.)
Ham & Cheese Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sliced ham delimeat, chopped into small pieces
- 4 slices Colby Jack cheese, cut into small pieces
- Butter and syrup
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and pinch of salt. Then add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Fold or gently stir in the chopped ham and cheese.
- Pour batter into the greased waffle iron and cook until browned.
- Serve Ham and Cheese Waffles with a touch of butter and syrup, and side of fresh fruit.
[…] Get The Recipe Here […]