I’ve partnered up with my friends at Smithfield Anytime Favorites to bring you this new quick and easy dinner. You might even try it for breakfast or snack!
This school year is back in full force and these muffins are a great morning breakfast, after-school snack, or quick weekday dinner. I throw them together and have them on the table in around 30 minutes. The kids just eat them up. That keeps the kids happy and helps our whole family keep up with our go-go-go schedule.
Smithfield Anytime Favorites offers 20 different cuts – from sliced to diced to cubed to steaks – and are the perfect meal solution for all busy families! They provide busy moms with the ideal solution for quick and easy meals anytime of the day (including breakfast!) during this hectic back-to-school period.
The recipe is versatile and the flavor is fresh, smoky, and delicious. You can leave out the peppers if you want and even add more cheese on top for a delicious extra touch of flavor.
I’m pretty sure you’ll have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now. You can use yellow cornmeal, if you have it, but I really like the light texture and flavor that white cornmeal brings.
Start with the dry ingredients.
Then mix together the wet ingredients.
Add those two together.
Form a stiff dough.
Stir in all the yumminess.
Fill muffin cups.
If you wish to freeze them for ‘grab n go’ breakfasts, let them cool completely before adding to container or freezer baggie.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Diced Ham
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prep your muffin pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, add Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, eggs, butter, and garlic. Whisk together.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir. This mixture will be stiff. Stop stirring when all the dry mixture is integrated and the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- To the dough, stir in cheese, peppers, onions, corn, andSmithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Diced Ham.
- Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin will come out clean.
- Serve immediately.
- If you'd like to make these in advance they'll freeze beautifully. Just cool completely, add to freezer bag, remove the air, and freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat in microwave for 60 seconds on high.