I triple heart this easy breakfast casserole for Christmas morning! It uses English muffins which makes the dish hearty, plus the spicy mustard gives it the perfect tangy zip for a holiday morning breakfast. Make it the night before so all you have to do is throw it in the oven in the morning.
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups leftover ham, diced
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh fruit; as side dish
- Lightly grease a 913-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the cut English muffin pieces with the broccoli florets, diced ham and about 3/4 cup of the shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
- Once tossed, pour into the baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, paprika and crushed red pepper. Add in a few dashes of salt and pepper as well.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the ingredients in the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, sprinkle the remaining shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese over top of the casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the casserole puffs up and slightly browns on top.
- Serve Ham and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole with fresh fruit.