Work expensive ingredients with inexpensive ingredients – make something like this Ground Beef & Ramen Stirfry
For years, I have preached pairing ‘expensive’ ingredients with less expensive ones.
Thanks to recent inflation (2021-2022), the beef prices have sky-rocketed and I know find myself making meals like this one.
Ramen is cheaper than pasta…about the same price as rice.
This is a fun and simple way to do quick stir-fry dinner!
How to Make Ground Beef & Ramen Stir-fry
Slice some fresh ginger and saute with the ground beef, minced onion and garlic powder.
Option: replace the fresh ginger with 1 tsp ground ginger.
Once browned stir in the Asian sauce.
Sauce ideas: stir-fry sauce, teriyaki sauce, or a plum sauce. Really, any will work!
GET YOUR MEAT CHOPPER HERE!
Add the cooked Ramen.
Love that Ramen only takes 3 minutes to cook!
(I know, not the most colorful…throw some green broccoli on the side and boom, dinner is done!)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger piece peeled and sliced
- 1 cup asian marinade or sauce ie. teriyaki, orange sauce, stirfry sauce, szechuan sauce
- 2 packages Ramen noodles
- fresh veggies side dish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion, minced garlic, and sliced ginger.
- In a large pot, cook the ramen noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Once browned, stir in the sauce and let simmer while the noodles cook.
- Toss the cooked Ramen noodles with the ground beef.
- Serve with side of fresh veggies.