Nevermind that the high today was just 60. And there’s a frost advisory for our area tonight.
Wasn’t gonna stop me from using the grill tonight!
Grilled Tilapia and Acorn Squash
No matter what the temperature outside, it's always worth it to grill tilapia fillets!
Servings - 4 servings
- 4 frozen tilapia fillets
- 1 Tbsp seafood seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- rice side dish
- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar or other sweetener
- Thaw frozen tilapia fillets in the refrigerator. Marinate with lemon juice and seafood seasonings for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. Cooking time may vary depending on heat of grill and thickness of fillets.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Cook acorn squash (see link below). Serve with butter/margarine and brown sugar.
- Serve Grilled Tilapia, Rice with Garden Greens and Sweetened Acorn Squash.
John DeFlumeri Jr says
Thanks for those great 5$ bargain meals!
I’m in North Dallas, TX .. so I’ve got a while left of great grilling season! 🙂 When you grill fish … do you have something special you put it on .. to keep it from flaking all apart?! Please let me know how you do it! 🙂
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
@Sandra, Tonight I just sprayed the grill down with Pam Grilling. The put the fish right on. 1 of the fillets that was thinner stuck to the grill, but the others did fine. You could wrap them in foil and grill them in a foil packet to avoid the mess and any flaking.